Many times we come across a problem that when we try to start apache server from xampp control panel, we get an error that “Apache will not start without the configured ports free”. This error usually comes because some other program is using the same port. In this blog how to change XAMPP apache server port, we are writing step by step procedure to fix this issue.
1. Open XAMPP control panel
2. Click on apache config http.config
3. Find 80 in whole file and replace it with 8888 and save
4. Now Change the ssl port. For it open http-ssl-conf
5. Find 443 in whole file and replace it with 4444 and save
6. Now run XAMPP Apache port successfully changed